Nokia6600 & gnokii troubles with Bluetooth.

From: Talksina
Subject: Nokia6600 & gnokii troubles with Bluetooth.
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 20:06:10 +0100

Hi,
I am a new Nokia6600 user; my Linux distribution is a debian sarge running
with Kernel 2.6.9.
I have problems, that is, gnokii --identify says Couldn't open GNBUS
device:, the device is busy.
Or the resource is temporarily available.
About gnapplet I don't know if it gets different colours on the display, as
I am blind...
about this, why don't the developer write a tect on there, for example,
"starting the connection... 30 seconds left...29 left..." etc etc?
well, let me explain all steps I followed to reach this.

To make it work, I just followed about all the steps on this howto:
http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~leonard/linux-n6600-howto.html
I compiled these bluetooth modules:
<M>   L2CAP protocol support
<M>   SCO links support
<M>   RFCOMM protocol support
[*]     RFCOMM TTY support
<M>   BNEP protocol support
[*]     Multicast filter support
[*]     Protocol filter support

and then installed the bluez-utils by doing apt-get install bluez-utils,
after, of course, installing the bluetooth driver bluez and so on, and
compiling gnokii with ./configure --with-bluetooth.
I didn't specify a directory, because I did not know which is the exact path
for the libraries.
Then edited the /etch/bluetooth/hcid.conf and pin.
hciconfig and hcitool scan gave me correct output, that is, the name of my
 phone and its ID, and so on.
Afterwards I skipped the step regarding gnubox, as I am a particular user: I
am blind, and use a program called Talks
(http://www.scansoft.com/speechpak/talks/) and don't know what gnubox
is/does, and passed out to the next step, also because I don't know german
and do not understand quite well which are the options I must use on the
phone.
So, I did this:
sdptool add --channel=3 SP
then skipped the dund -n --listen --channel 3 --msdun noauth
pc_IP_address crtscts 115200 ms passage, as I did not have a proper IP
address, I was without gnubox.
then:
rfcomm bind 3 my-phone-ID  2
and then, echo 0000 > /dev/rfcomm3 (0000 was the pin number) and, finally,
my TALKS software started to say: enter pin code
and I entered the code, that's all...
And there is another problem now, that every reboot I must set everything
again, as it does not recognize the phone automatically, the rfcomm3 I mean.
The funny thing is that the phone is seen, that is, 00:60:57:DF:06:A1
Talksina
and it finds my PC if I search for a new remote device from the phone!
Bye, and let me know what to do, if I missed something!
Oops...
the gnokii configuration:
port = /dev/rfcomm3
rfcomm_channel = 3
model = series60
This: rfcomm_channel should be: 3, 2, or 14 as in documentation
readme-symbian in docs/ directory?
let me know!!!
and Merry Christmas
Talksina