Re: --config and --phone options for gnokii

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: --config and --phone options for gnokii
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 21:45:45 +0200

Hi,

On 8/9/06, Daniele Forsi <address@hidden> wrote:
Yes but --config doesn't print an error message if it can't open the
file

Done.

and --phone silently picks values from global if it can't find the
section, maybe it should fail or at least warn if the phone section is
not found.

Changed to return an error.

I also accepts multiple --phone options:
gnokii --phone A --phone B --phone C

Fixed.

It works fine and I added these lines to .gnokiirc

[phone_/dev/ttyS0]
port = /dev/ttyS0

[phone_/dev/ttyS1]
port = /dev/ttyS1

It won't work now. See below.

Since you asked for patches, here is one that makes --phone fail if the
section can't be found. I copied and modified the existing gn_cfg_get()
to write gn_cfg_find_section().

It turns out that port and model options are required in global
section. I changed cfg_psection_load() to fail when either port or
model are not given (in particular when there is no section in the
config there's no port and no model in it).

take care,
Pawel Kot