Re: How to properly modify the code in pq.c for smsd

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: How to properly modify the code in pq.c for smsd
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 20:07:17 +0200

Hi,

On 8/9/06, Pawel Kot <address@hidden> wrote:
BTW. We (I?) broke it somehow. For me the compilation doesn't create
shared objects anymore (although I can see that Debian/Ubuntu
compilation creates them not changing Makefile). Just .la and .a. And
smsd opens lib*.so files. And that fails.

OK. I know what happened. I usually configure gnokii with
--disable-shared flag to have easier tests. And apparently this also
affects smsd and it doesn't prepare shared libraries for its plugins.
To be fixed but not critical.

Also when I prepare manually
libfile.so smsd -m file complains about missing DB_Bye symbol. The
same happens with Ubuntu package.

This problem remains though and I have no idea why.

take care,
Pawel Kot