Nokia N 80

From: ekke
Subject: Nokia N 80
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 15:31:12 -0500 (CDT)

Hi

I am a new Linux(Ubuntu) user

I tried using the included packaged version of Gnokii included in Ubuntu,
without success: because I didn't read the instructions, my kernel version
is too old, and I am used to the windows TM install, plug'n'pray method

I gather that the Nokia N 80-1 is a Symbian phone
I have a CA-53 genuine nokia cable

Before trying to install the latest version from source, I want to know if:

a: Symbian phones are accessable via USB cable or ONLY via
Bluetooth/Infrared, because my desktop does not have either

b: I see no driver for the CA-53 cable, only a comment that it is probably
the same as the DK-2. Is it? and how do I get gnokii to recognize it as a
DK-2 cable?

c: Do I buy a bluetooth radio and try again?

Thanks
Petrus in Sunny South Africa