Re: smsd does not work with greek characters

From: Nick
Subject: Re: smsd does not work with greek characters
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 17:39:39 +0300

Thanks Andria

I have tried this, but with no luck

smsd is very sensitive with locales

Even the file module, that works ok with greek when a system user with gr locale settins starts smsd, when smsd is started from a cron job ( i have write a cron monitor script, since smsd often fails)
gives ????/.
I have to put export LANG and LC_ALL in my cron script, and only this way i have greek with the file module
when restarted from cron

I ll stick with the file module for now

Thanks again

If you are using 0.6.14 gnokii version, please look to the file smsd/mysql.c

Go to the line 152 - 154. It contains the below code :

g_string_sprintf (buf, "SELECT id, number, text, dreport FROM outbox \
                         WHERE processed='0' AND CURTIME() >= not_before \
                         AND CURTIME() <= not_after %s", phnStr->str);

I don't know if this work. But you can try to change the line like this below :

g_string_sprintf (buf, "SET NAMES greek;SELECT id, number, text, dreport FROM outbox \
WHERE processed='0' AND CURTIME() >= not_before \
AND CURTIME() <= not_after %s", phnStr->str);

Or you can change the code like similar and execute before selecting the outbox table.