Digicom Pocket GSM serial modem - Part II

From: R.C.
Subject: Digicom Pocket GSM serial modem - Part II
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 16:10:19 +0200

After further in-deep analysis, I suspect that gnokii
doesn't retrieve messages in SIM (SM) but only in
message store (ME).

My V360 at the following command:

AT+CPMS?

answers:

+CPMS: "MT",8,254,"ME",6,254,"MT",2,254

and so xgnokii tells:

GetFolderChanges: Status: 8 0
old UR: 0, new UR: 0, old total: 0, new total: 8
RefreshSMS: changed: 1
RefreshSMS: unread: 0, total: 8

But with the same SIM with same messages in memory
my Digicom answers:

+CPMS: "SM",2,10,"SM",2,10

and then xgnokii keeps checking batteries
and signal peiodically as in idle operation.

Is there a way to make xgnokii work with devices
that have only SIM (SM) message storage?

Thanks for your support

Regards

Raffaello

----- Original Message ----- From: "R.C." <address@hidden>