Patch: UTF8 and calendar

From: Carles Pina i Estany
Subject: Patch: UTF8 and calendar
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 22:59:30 +0200

Hello,

I wanted to use gnokii to do something like:
gnokii --writecalendarnote ~/std.ics 1

I had a problem: entries with accents (àé...) was not correctly
displayed in the phone.

Patch is attached. I hope that I have not broken other things.

I have done the patch using today's snapshot code.

I think that patch is not 100% correct, see the comments on patch. If
you agree I can fix/improve it too.

I am very interested to do something like:
gnokii --writecalendarnote ~/std.ics 1 end

Anybody is working on it? Maybe I could try. Write entry by entry is
VERY slow, I need something faster. Why is not done? A problem with
protocol/unknown way? Or I can try to do it?

I have tested it against 6234 phone.

Feel free to give me any feedback...

PS: is any other mailing list for development?

--
Carles Pina i Estany            GPG id: 0x8CBDAE64
        http://pinux.info       Manresa - Barcelona