Re: patch calendar

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: patch calendar
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 20:11:25 +0200

Hi,

On 4/8/07, Carles Pina i Estany <address@hidden> wrote:
On Apr/08/2007, Pawel Kot wrote:
> On 4/8/07, Carles Pina i Estany <address@hidden> wrote:
> >I send attached a patch to:
> >a) write calendar in ASCII way (pending to improve it, as I said 2 days
> >ago)
>
> Could you please explain why you need this?

of course: I have a ical file with UTF8 characters. I send a vcalendar
entry to my Nokia 6234. The accents (e.g. à) are incorrectly sent (two
characters and not one, incorrect characters).

Well, most of the phones (at least modern) store calendar contents in
unicode. I think correct solution would be to convert them to unicode.
I will check out how it works with Polish non-ascii characters.

take care,
Pawel Kot