Re: debug mode

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: debug mode
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 15:09:40 +0200

Carles Pina i Estany wrote:

> > > debug = yes

grepping again I found that the configure script accepts yes/no for the
following arguments
  --enable-debug          compile with debug code
  --enable-xdebug         compile with xdebug code
  --enable-rlpdebug       compile with RLP debug code

> (cfgreader.c, line 720):
>                 fprintf(stderr, _("Use either \"%s\" or \"%s\".\n"),
>               "yes", "no");

> Two days ago I changed the condition code, but I see that is easier to
> change the error message :-)

yes, definitely, and changing to no/yes would break existing configs with
debug = on, mine for example :-)

> So: feel free to change the error message :-)

done

> (Then gnokii will parse use_locking as "yes" and "no" and logging as "on"
> and "off", it is not coherent but I think that is not a big problem)

it is not coherent but AFAIR it has always been like that; the error message
was changed in cfgreader.c v. 1.78, probably by an erroneous copy and paste:
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/gnokii/common/cfgreader.c?root=gnokii&view=diff&r1=1.77&r2=1.78

--
Daniele