Model entry for 2125

From: chris burgess
Subject: Model entry for 2125
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 15:41:12 +1300

I have a Nokia 2125 for testing. It's a CDMA handset sold by Telecom NZ - from what I can tell via Google, it may be only available in Australia and NZ.

I'm trying to identify the correct 'model' entry to use in my .gnokiirc for this phone.

My tests show the phone will accept (says "SMS sent / Send succeeded") SMS using any of 3110, 6100 or 6510 drivers. But it can't read the SMSC number, which I think is the reason the SMS aren't delivered.

(full output of a test @ http://pastebin.ca/840908)

When I try to retrieve SMS from the phone (which has no SIM, cos that's just how Telecom NZ rock 'em), I get the following errors:

$ gnokii --getsms ME 1
Getting SMS...
GetSMS ME 1 failed! (Invalid type of memory.)

$ gnokii --getsms SM 1
GetSMS SM 1 failed! (The current frame isn't handled by the incoming function.)

(full output for these two @ http://pastebin.ca/840886)

1. Can anyone tell me the "right" model to use for this?
2. If not, how can I contribute best by testing and identifying the model this device corresponds to?
3. If a phone has no SIM, does that mean it always stores SMS in ME?
4. When getting Contacts, SMSs etc, do we count from 1 (not 0)?

Thanks!

Nokia pages on this model, for identification:
 * http://www.nokia-asia.com/A4417271
 * http://www.nokia.co.nz/A4715491

* When sending SMS, the phone complains that it can't identify the SMSC, accepts the SMS for delivery, but they don't seem to get transmitted. So it seems that while --sendsms send works, --getsmsc doesn't.