Re: Connection problem with Nokia 6234

From: Guido Milanese
Subject: Re: Connection problem with Nokia 6234
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 19:37:44 +0100

On 04/01/2008, Pawel Kot <address@hidden> wrote:
> To compile from the source you need development versions of various
> libraries. In Ubuntu they have -dev suffix. Install one for
> libbluetooth.

Ok, compiled the new version with the dev library. It'all right from
command line. In the source I see a xgnokii directory, and i did not
compile with the  --without-x flag. But xgnokii is not compiled, and
the problem was:
X (GTK) support:    no
In fact the Prefix is  /usr/local, and in my installation gtk was in
/usr/lib, so I made a symlink.
However:
checking for GTK... no
configure: WARNING: Cannot find GTK+ 2.0.
configure: WARNING: Disabling xgnokii

I found that the problem was the lack of the libgtk2.0-dev library.
All right, now I have again the programs in a more recent version, but
the problem remains the same: a 'segmentation fault' error --> exit
reading the calendar.

Sorry for being such a nuisance!

guido, italy

--