Connection problem again - Nokia 6234

From: Guido Milanese
Subject: Connection problem again - Nokia 6234
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 19:29:41 +0100

I do apologize for posting again asking for help.
For reasons unrelated with gnokii I had to install Ubuntu 1.10 again.
I compiled gnokki as I was told to do in a thread of a fortnight ago.
Unfortunately, I cannot connect the phone again. The compilation was
easy, since I had all the libraries, etc., but I cannot connect the
phone. I suspect it has nothing to fo with gnokii as such. Also with
kbuetooth I can *send* files from the PC to the phone, but *not*
connect it. The settings should be all right. This is what gknokii
complains:

gnokii --monitor
GNOKII Version 0.6.22
LOG: debug mask is 0x1
Config read from file /home/guido/.gnokiirc.
phone instance config:
model = 6233
port = 00:1a:16:dd:41:d8
connection = bluetooth
initlength = default
serial_baudrate = 19200
serial_write_usleep = -1
handshake = software
require_dcd = 0
smsc_timeout = 10
rfcomm_channel = 1
sm_retry = 0
Connecting
Serial device: opening device 00:1a:16:dd:41:d8
Can't connect: Operazione ora in corso
Couldn't open PHONET device: Operazione ora in corso
Error in link initialisation: 1
Telephone interface init failed: Command failed.
Quitting.
Command failed.

Operazione in corso = "Working" or "Operation in progress"

tail /var/log/messages does not say anything.

Sorry again!
guido, italy

--
http://docenti.unicatt.it/milanese_guido