Re: smsd build problem

From: Matthew
Subject: Re: smsd build problem
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 11:53:04 +0100

   Hi,
The problem is that somebody "fixed" the pg_config usage in
configure.in, but didn't re-add the missing "-l" to link against libpq.
I've fixed that and also added -no-undefined to avoid this sort of
problems appearing in the future (ie. it should fail on build now).
Great!

I also change the filenames of the loadable modules, as they could clash
with the system-wide libraries (libpq.so as the loadable module,
libpq.so system-wide...).
This was confusing me for the first time also. Two libpq.so and each one different. I think it is very clever to distignuish these two by the name also.

If you get something like:
*** Warning: Linking the shared library libsmsd_pq.la against the
loadable module
*** libpq.so is not portable!

Please file a bug with your distribution. The Postgres devels seem to be
confusing loadable modules and shared libraries...
I got this warning after cvs update, but then I've done a clean checkout / autogen / make process and everything was OK.

BTW: Now It is possible to test the smsd app with the -l gnokii/smsd/.libs switch also, i.e. without the install step. (As it was in the 0.6.22 release)

Thanks Matthew for catching those bugs.
It was honor to me, to help (even just a little bit)...