Re: send sms: Data format is not valid

From: Carles Pina i Estany
Subject: Re: send sms: Data format is not valid
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 16:41:35 +0200

Hello,

On Jul/31/2008, Pawel Kot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 13:09, Carles Pina i Estany <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I have a Motorola C330 with USB cable. The gnokiirc looks like:
> [...]
> > Any idea how I could make it to send sms?
>
> You don't. This Motorola model supports just TEXT mode SMS, gnokii
> supports just PDU mode SMS.

Thanks!
Maybe it would be nice to add a more user-friendly message, changing
from:

------
PDU mode not supported
SMS Send failed (Data format is not valid.)
------

to:
------
It seems that your phone mobile only supports TEXT mode SMS and gnokii
supports PDU.
SMS Send failed (Data format is not valid).
------

But just my opinion :)

(I didn't know who was not supporting PDU, and that there is two ways
and gnokii supports the other one, etc.)

Thanks,

--
Carles Pina i Estany            GPG id: 0x17756391
        http://pinux.info