Re: gnapplet for Windows Mobile?

From: Nicholas Poole
Subject: Re: gnapplet for Windows Mobile?
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 13:05:36 +0000

No. I don't think it makes sense at all. There is synce project to
provide connectivity options for Windows Mobile and IMHO much better
idea is to have synce (or whatever it would be called) driver.

However your idea is for sure workable and it would require just
Windows Mobile part development.
Windows Mobile uses ActiveSync natively, but it doesn't meet all of my requirements: i.e. you can't perform SMS operations remotely. As I understand it, gnapplet was originally made to address similar issues with the Symbian Nokia phones.

As it doesn't sound like anyone has tried this yet, I will look into it and let you know if I have any success.

Regards,

Nick