Re: gnokii and Nokia Card Phone RPM-3 GSM900/1800

From: Vieri
Subject: Re: gnokii and Nokia Card Phone RPM-3 GSM900/1800
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 02:04:20 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Wed, 7/1/09, Pawel Kot <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 10:39, Vieri<address@hidden>
> wrote:
> > Are you deducing it may be a timing problem because of
> the "ERROR" response to the ATE1 command sent right after
> receiving a response to the ATZ command?
> > So are you suggesting I "sleep" a little right after
> receiving the response to ATZ and before sending ATE1?
>
> The sequence is:
> write: [ATZ<cr>]
> write: [ATE1<cr>]
> read : [ERROR<cr><lf>]
> write: [AT+CMEE=1<cr>]
> read :
> write: [AT+GMM<cr>]
> read :
>
> Indeed, ERROR may go in response to ATZ command, but the
> problem is
> that it goes just after ATE1 command being send and not
> before it.

I see, but shouldn't gnokii wait for the full response to an AT command before
sending the next one?
It seems that gnokii is reading the reply in two steps:
write: [ATE1<cr>]
read : [ERROR<cr><lf>]
The first "read" should have been:
Or is it that the device is "breaking up" the reply? But still, shouldn't
gnokii "validate" the responses before proceeding with the next AT command?

Thanks,

Vieri