Re: gnokii --sendsms fails for 6300 via cable/bluetooth

From: shree sha
Subject: Re: gnokii --sendsms fails for 6300 via cable/bluetooth
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 13:41:43 +0530

Hello Forsi,

thanks for the info.
what i understood from yur mail is that,

for BT we should include the below lines,

[phone_5300BT]    --- does this a must line ? is this 5300 or 6300 ?
# this is recommended for Series 40
port = aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff
model = series40   # currently this is the same as 6510 and 6300
connection = bluetooth

For cable connection I should use
port = \\.\com31
model = series40   # currently this is the same as 6510 and 6300
connection = AT

right ?
let me know if i am wrong.

regards
Shree

2009/7/27 Daniele Forsi <address@hidden>
2009/7/23 shree sha:

> I have Nokia 6300 phone.
> And I am trying to send sms using gnokii windows binary
> (gnokii-0.6.18-win32).

0.6.18 is too old
get http://opensource.contentbakery.fi/gnokii/Win32/stable/gnokii-0.6.27-win32.zip

> port_device: com31:

Windows docs say that the correct name for ports greater than 9 is
like \\.\COM31 now I've added this to gnokii docs

> 1. cable connection :
> config file contains,
>      port = <virtual com port for the modem shown in device manager>
>      connection = serial
>      model = 6510 (i tried 6300 as well)

phone like yours don't work with connection = serial model = 6510

> 2. when I tried using bluetooth
> port = <bluetooth modem virtual com port>
> connection = serial

> Even I tried to put the BT MAC id of the device to "port" and bluetooth for "connection" it failed even to connect to the device.

that should work

the following settings work for me with gnokii 0.6.27 via Bluetooth on
Windows XP:

[phone_5300BT]
# this is recommended for Series 40
port = aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff
model = series40 # currently this is the same as 6510 and 6300
connection = bluetooth

[phone_5300BTAT]
# this is NOT recommended for Series 40
port = aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff
model = AT
connection = bluetooth
rfcomm_channel = 1

[phone_5300AT]
# this is NOT recommended for Series 40
port = \\.\COM10 # this is the virtual port corresponding to Bluetooth 'COM 1'
model = AT
connection = serial

model=AT isn't recommended for your phone because Nokia didn't
implement some useful AT commands like the one to read SMS, however it
should work with a Nokia cable and Nokia drivers

it is also possible to build gnokii on Windows with libusb support but
this is hackish and undocumented

--
Daniele Forsi