Re: Importing vCard photo encoded as base64

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: Importing vCard photo encoded as base64
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 18:17:11 +0200

2009/8/1 Victor Engmark:

> Has anyone here had success importing a photo embedded in a vCard? I can't
> seem to find any references to using gnokii for this

the protocols used by libgnokii deal with binary or hex data, not with
a nicely formatted vCards (the fact that you can import and export
contacts and call details as vCards is just a limited translation
layer provided by the library)

adding support for photos might even be possible over FBUS (libgnokii
prints a debug message when it receives such an "image block" from the
phone), but it isn't straightforward and time would be better spent in
other ways, eg implementing an OBEX driver

>  I'm working with a Nokia 6300, Bluetooth

try with OBEX, eg by sending a file containing your vCard via Bluetooth
--
Daniele Forsi