Re: Gnokii on Sparc Solaris 9

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Gnokii on Sparc Solaris 9
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 08:27:05 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 02:53, Martin
Schumacher<address@hidden> wrote:
> 1) I downloaded the latest source code *.tar.gz files (version 0.6.27)
> Config seemed to go OK, but neither "make" or "gmake" worked. It seems
> from the "configure" output that it thought my "Solaris OS" was Win32 or
> x86.

Obviously, as there is no way to put changes back to the old version.

> 2) So, on gnokii-users advice, I downloaded the "git" version, (I had to
> download and install 7 other Solaris packages, just to get "git" to
> work!!!)
> Unfortunatly, this "git" version didn't compile either.  I tried to
> attached the log files from the autogen.sh, ./configure and gmake
> program outpt, but the email bounced to this group.  (Do I have to send
> them one at a time?)

There's a limit of 100K of the single mail. You can tar.gz them. Or
show just meaningful parts.

> Anyway, Listed below are the SunFreeWare packages I have installed just
> to try to get gnokii to compile.  All these packages installed
> successfully, but gnokii still resists.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.  Short, one line "answers" are not really
> helpful, nor is "it should work".

Any complaints without providing anything we could look at is not
helpful neither.

> Ps. Just for fun, I downloaded and installed (without problems) the
> Win32 *.msi gnokii version, and it didn't need any other prerequisites
> programs, libraries, etc, etc.

Well, that's the difference between unix world and windows world.
Difference in a way software is distributed.

> Pps. It seems that gnokii on Solaris has really lost the plot.  I cannot
> understand  why there is such an "enormous" reliance on other people's
> softwarem, as the list below seems to indicate.

That's not enormous. Why should we reimplement what other people did?
Anyway most of this software is just for building gnokii.

take care,
--
Pawel Kot