Script to prepare Thunderbird LDIF for gnokii (was writephonebook, LDIF:

From: Charles
Subject: Script to prepare Thunderbird LDIF for gnokii (was writephonebook, LDIF: "Data format is not valid" error)
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 14:27:39 +0530

On 13/05/11 23:02, Charles wrote:

-----Original Message-----
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 23:00:15 +0200
From: Daniele Forsi <address@hidden>
To: "Discussion forum for gnokii users." <address@hidden>

no, the problem is that --writephonebook always returns error at EOF
for ldif and vcard

> BTW I also manually removed a long "description::" line from the input file because it resulted in gnokii error "utf8_decode/iconv: Argument list too long". ?What is the limit? ?Is it still 61 from
> #define GN_PHONEBOOK_NAME_MAX_LENGTH ? ? ? ? ? ?61 ? /* For 6510 */

yes, but I guess we could raise this limit at least for Series 40 3rd
and later, maybe using PM_EXTPBK2 also for this

--
Daniele Forsi

Thanks Daniele :-)

OK -- I'll ignore the error and program the "filter TB ldif for gnokii" script to truncate description fields to 61 characters.

Can the ldif postal address information be manipulated so gnokii will load it to the phone? A sample from the TB ldif looks like:

l: Auroville
st: Tamil Nadu
postalCode: 605101
c: India

Best

Charles

Hello

A script to prepare a Thunderbird Address Book LDIF export for gnokii --writephonebook to write to a Nokia Series 40 is posted on my blog at (sorry for wrapping)

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/blog/catkin-444761/script-to-prepare-a-thunderbird-pab-export-for-gnokii-to-write-to-nokia-series-40-3832/

Best

Charles