Re: gnokii configuration for Nokia 6230i on Ubuntu 16.04

From: Baurzhan Ismagulov
Subject: Re: gnokii configuration for Nokia 6230i on Ubuntu 16.04
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2018 15:27:17 +0200

On Thu, Sep 06, 2018 at 10:35:19AM +0100, Dan Lindfield wrote:
> Struggling to get *gnokii* to interface with my Nokia 6230i through USB
> get either "Device or
> resource busy" or "Initialization failed (6) - Telephone interface init
> failed: Function or connection type not supported by the phone or by the
> phone driver".
>    model = AT
>    connection = phonet (also tried serial, dku2libusb, dlr3p, dku5, dku2,
>    dau9p*)*

I had it working with model = 6230 and connection = dku2libusb:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnokii-users/2007-02/msg00083.html

It was not very reliable due to corroded contacts on the phone side. Also,
Gnokii had a Unicode conversion issue, but that has been fixed.

Meanwhile, I've switched to Bluetooth (couldn't find the original mail):

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnokii-users/2014-12/msg00004.html

With kind regards,
Baurzhan.