Re: Post 0.6.31 API changes

From: Ladislav Michl
Subject: Re: Post 0.6.31 API changes
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 19:43:55 +0100

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 05:02:54PM +0100, Pawel Kot wrote:
> That's a good question. I'm in favor of simplifying but what is the
> practice for using gnokii these days? If someone is still reading this
> mailing list and still using gnokii, can you say if you're now fully on
> utf8 or are the some other locales being used?

For gnokii, locale code just could me moved there from libgnokii, smsd just
calls setlocale(LC_ALL, ""), but out of tree projects should be aware of
change.

Consider you are sending SMS stored in files. But libgnokii behaves
differently based on locale of current process.

> Having long break I'm now trying to restore my workflows and refresh git
> usage in some limited time boxes - sorry that it takes more than it should.

That is not a problem, of course...

        ladis