gnuastro-devel

[bug #62590] Clang not able to build shared libraries

From: Raul Infante-Sainz
Subject: [bug #62590] Clang not able to build shared libraries
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2022 11:29:22 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Follow-up Comments:

Date: Mon 06 Jun 2022 03:29:20 PM UTC By: Raul Infante-Sainz <infantesainz>
When running the configuration step with the flag '--enable-debug' it crashes
on macOS systems. I faced this problem when trying to compile the project with
'./developer-build -d'. It shows this error:

ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1

After some checks, we found it is related with the compiler. Apparently, it is
not able to build the shared libraries.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?62590>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/