Re: [open-cobol-list] Parser error and level 78

From: v100
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Parser error and level 78
Date: Fri Jul 12 07:19:09 2002

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, Giuseppina Santarella wrote:

> Hello,
> while creating a C source from cobol source, parser gives error in dynamic.
> This is the first part of my file to translate in C :
>
> ENVIRONMENT DIVISION.
> CONFIGURATION SECTION.
> SPECIAL-NAMES.
> INPUT-OUTPUT SECTION.
> FILE-CONTROL.
>
> SELECT BCU00X ASSIGN TO DYNAMIC BCXXXX

Probably this type of assignment is not supported (yet). I assume that
DYNAMIC means that the user is prompted for a file name. At least that is
what the documentation says I have available. You could work around that by
giving a name explicitly (just delete DYNAMIC?).

> I have another problem:
> in my code Cobol there's also a level 78... anybody know what is its use?
> How I can do?

Level 78 variables are constant definitions. I guess you could just replace
all occurrences of a 78 variable with its VALUE.

Hope it helps...

  --Harald