[open-cobol-list] usage pointer, nested programs and global storage

From: gary_
Subject: [open-cobol-list] usage pointer, nested programs and global storage
Date: Thu Aug 29 10:36:01 2002

Is it planned to support USAGE POINTER for working-storage data items?

I had a look at the code, I know C well but I don't know the parser
language at all!

Also, what about nested subprograms?

If I had pointers, nested sub programs and GLOBAL data items, I'd be
sorted :-)

Think I'll still have a go at USAGE POINTER and associated procedure
division code (set <pointer> to address of <item> and set address of
<item> to <pointer>) unless someone else is working on it.