Re: Re: [open-cobol-list] cobol compilation

From: David Korn
Subject: Re: Re: [open-cobol-list] cobol compilation
Date: Sun Nov 30 21:52:02 2003

> > 004500 SPECIAL-NAMES.  C01 IS NEW-PAGE.

> > The IBM Cobol manual says the C01-C012 means skip to channel 1 through
> > 12 respectively.

> Sorry for late reply, but what is "channel 1"?

I assume that it is the carraige control character for the printer and
that NEW-PAGE would cause a 1 to be written in column 1
so that it will cause a form feed.   I beleive that the asa
program defined by the posix fortran extension converts channel control
characters to unix control characters.

David Korn
address@hidden