RE: [open-cobol-list] cobol85 compliance

From: William M. Klein
Subject: RE: [open-cobol-list] cobol85 compliance
Date: Wed May 5 21:16:01 2004

I think it is worth mentioning that as far as both ANSI and ISO go, there is
NO LONGER such a thing as "'85 (or '89) Standard conformance". Those
standards are now obsolete and no longer "recognized" by any Standards body
that I know of.

This doesn't mean that there aren't existing compilers with that as their
"basis" or even that people can "run" the old '85 (and '89) Standards tests.
It is simply that "claiming '85 Standard conformance" at this date is a
(semi-)irrelevant thing to do.