[open-cobol-list] Re: open-cobol-0.30 released - with sad news

From: Roger While
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Re: open-cobol-0.30 released - with sad news
Date: Sun Sep 19 10:21:01 2004

>> Errr, no, you are "and"ing" the bits, therefore I think you mean 0x04 or ?
>  Totally right.  I"ve fixed it.  Thanks.

OK, I'll be testing this week.

Next problem for some thought  :-)  ->

Configure will not work on recent Redhat and Suse
releases. (I notice this was reported by Mr De Souza
on August 3). I can confirm.
It will never find libdb.
Problem is the NPTL versions of the libraries.
This causes  __db_dbopen to be not found.

Dirty fix is to change line 4456 to :
ac_cv_lib_db___db_dbopen=yes

So, either we
1) find a different way to check for libdb
or
2) take out the whole checking and make libdb required.

Roger