Re: [open-cobol-list] Status of OpenCobol

From: wim niemans ri
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Status of OpenCobol
Date: Tue May 17 06:56:10 2005

On 17 May 2005 at 0:40, Keisuke Nishida wrote:

> OpenCOBOL is intended to support the COBOL 2002 Standard, as well as
> some extensions for compatibility with existent COBOL compilers such
> as IBM COBOL and MicroFocus COBOL.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience.  I'm currently working on our new
> website at:
>
>    http://www.opencobol.org/
>
> Co-editor/maintainer wanted!

Hello Keisuke,

If needed I would offer my availability for editing and maintenance of the
xoops site. I do have experience with geekLog only.

I'm dutch, and programming Cobol since 1971.
I've developed some products in Cobol, running now under Linux and Xitami
webserver using ACU cobol. I am pretty interested in a version for BSD,
since that is my professional platform for hosting.

I do have specified interests in publishing for Cobol communities.
At the moment I've turned to PHP for further development of a platform
with 'Commodity Algorithms Exchanging'. The roadMap mentions the port to
some Cobol sometime.
As I read that openCobol will support the 2002-standard........!!

Anyway, I don't like C or C++ and have a little knowledge of the language.

Please reply if I can be of use.

Cheers,
wim niemans ri