[open-cobol-list] CVS Update 20051105

From: Roger While
Subject: [open-cobol-list] CVS Update 20051105
Date: Sat Nov 5 07:38:08 2005

CVS Updated.

Fix a problem with configure.
When the default C compiler is overridden with the "CC" environment
variable, then we must also use this as the compiler for OC generated
code (COB_CC) - Except if overridden with "--with-cc" (but you had
better know what you are doing). In other words, except if overridden,
set COB_CC = CC.

In OC generated C code, don't use arrays for local stack variables.
(eg. temporary cob_field and perform loop counter). In certain
circumstances, gcc cannot/will not optimize these.

When locating a (non-cached) module entry point, we were
repeatedly calling (lt_)dlopen on the main program (NULL).
No, need to do this, get the main program handle at init time.

Put in preliminary support for the OSVS type of PERFORM.
This introduces a new config veriable in config/default.conf
named "perform-osvs"; set default to "no".
I have NOT as yet activated this in any other "conf" file
as this needs further testing.
This is an attempt to provide the "PERFORM-TYPE=OSVS" feature
of MF.

In case you like digging around in the OC source code, you might
notice changes in cobc/codegen.c related to COB_USE_SETJMP.
This is just a "thought experiment" by me relating to using
setjmp/longjmp instead of goto's for PERFORM's. This will never
be used in the current OC constellation.

Snapshot CVS tarball at :
http://www.sim-basis.de/open-cobol-0.33.tar.gz

Roger