[open-cobol-list] RE: FD, EXTERNAL and FILE STATUS

From: Bill Klein
Subject: [open-cobol-list] RE: FD, EXTERNAL and FILE STATUS
Date: Tue Jan 31 19:52:07 2006

If you look at the '02 Standard, pages 213-214 (GR1), you will notice that
there is NO restriction on "data-name-4" for it to be external, when the FD
is.  Therefore, I believe that whatever is specified in the "local"
Select/Assign is what gets updated for a File Status.

However, I am going to ask a question of J4 that might give me another
answer.