Re: [open-cobol-list] #OpenCobol on Freenode

From: boscagarda-programming
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] #OpenCobol on Freenode
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 10:10:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Alain.

Freenode is also a website. http://freenode.net which among other things provides IRC (internet relay chat) specifically geared at software projects with a great emphasis on free software. Like the Open Cobol project. (Now its ##Cobol over there for those that use IRC).

Actually I am on Ubuntu GNU/Linux not windows. I only rarely use MS windows anymore and then only at work.

Definitely right about not knowing cobol. It has been 20 years since I worked programming in Cobol. Back then only PC Realia cobol. But my interest is very keen and the open cobol project has me very excited. Going through tutorials online and testing with Open Cobol on ubuntu is definitely refreshing my memory. I have received a lot of great advice so far from the list here.

Thanks kindly and best regards,
Joseph James Frantz

Alain Lucari <address@hidden> wrote:
Good morning Joseph James Frantz,

For me, Linux user, a freenode is a free inode : inode not used
so don't free some nodes on my pc ;-))
It seem, mailing wit Outlook Exprss, you are working with win and,
it seem to me also, that you don't know Cobol : Excellent reason for
speak about it !

Pity/Merci : make what you want, you are free (like the inodes
unused), but don't sent so longs mails for nothing interesting !

This is my Humble Opinion.
and perhaps it will be a "moderator" for this list ...
I'm not able for do that because my poor english and perhaps I've
not understood the interest of address@hidden
mails, so if someone think I'm wrong, send me a personal mail
no reason for write about that on the list.

> Anyone interested in "chatting" about COBOL, may want to check out
> the comp.lang.cobol newsgroup. (You can get to it from Google
> newsgroups - or from any newsgroup reader). I know that MANY who
> participate in OpenCOBOL and OpenCOBOL threads are already
> participants, but I thought that I would post this "just in case".

(snip)

best regards,
--
Alain Lucari (Eurlix)
Ce n'est pas que je soit si intelligent,