[open-cobol-list] New To List and question on support for data files fro

From: Jon Shorie
Subject: [open-cobol-list] New To List and question on support for data files from fujitsu cobol
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 10:50:38 -0400

Hello everyone.  I am new to the list and to this version of cobol.

We have several systems written in Fujitsu Cobol Version 5.0 running on
Windows 2000 and XP.  In the future, we are looking at options to modify
these applications so that they will run on some form of linux.

I have just installed open-cobol and am wondering if it can read the data
files that are currently generated by Fujitsu.

Thank you all for your time.

Jon Shorie
Systems Administrator
Medina County Sanitary Engineers