[open-cobol-list] Declaratives in OC

From: John Culleton
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Declaratives in OC
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 12:46:05 -0400

I wrote a little program that opens a line sequential file. reads
through it looking for lines beginning with "\input" , then picks up
a file name from the same record.  Then it opens another file
dynamically using the file name discovered. All that works.

The problem comes when the file to be opened doesn't exist. HTCOBOL
fails silently but OC gives an error message. What I want to do is
trap the error so that processing can continue. The classic way to do
that is with a DECLARATIVES section.

Do DECLARATIVES work in OC?  With HTCOBOL?

I can post the complete program but it runs 84 lines.
--
John Culleton