Re: [open-cobol-list] File permissions

From: Brian Tiffin
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] File permissions
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 13:41:43 -0400

Hi John,

   I don't think this can be done with COBOL syntax.  But aside from
calling "SYSTEM" with a chmod command after the fact, you can (on POSIX
systems) modify the file creation mask.  Take a look at the man page for
umask.  This will influence the default file creation settings before the
fact.

Cheers,
Brian