Re: [open-cobol-list] OC on Win XP

From: John Culleton
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] OC on Win XP
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 09:02:23 -0500

On Tuesday 09 February 2010 19:07:57 address@hidden wrote:
> Did you run 'vcredist_x86.exe' ?
>
> What version of Windows are you on?
>
> If Vista, then you may need to disable the file system security, User
> Account Control UAC, I think.
>
> You're right, a fool-proof installer for OC on Windows would be nice. Know
> anyone with the ability and the time to take care of that for us ;-)
>
> Mike.
>
> > I followed the above instructions starting with the download and indeed
> > got
> > the same results from
> > cobc -V
> > The problem occurs later on.  I try to compile the simplest "Hello world"
> > program  (resident in c:\Open Cobol and it blows up on "cl" the same as
> > before.

Aha. We are making progress. If cl.exe is the  Windows C language compiler
then of course that is the problem. I don't have it on that partition.

I did run
'vcredist_x86.exe'

My windows partition is Win XP Home.  I'll try running the above program
again.

The only Vista in the house is on my wife's laptop. That is not a factor.

John Culleton
"Create Book Covers with Scribus"
Printable E-book 38 pages $5.95
http://www.booklocker.com/books/4055.html