Re: [open-cobol-list] open cobol in production environment

From: Brian Tiffin
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] open cobol in production environment
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 14:16:41 -0400

eb;

See http://opencobol.add1tocobol.com/#can-opencobol-be-used-for-production-applications for some success stories.

Cheers,
Brian

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 12:40:30 -0400, emre <address@hidden> wrote:

Dear OC:

I am considering proposing OC as an alternative to a proprietary cobol
for use
in a medium size production environment (approx 100 users hitting it
8-10 hours
per workday).  I have done the proof-of-concept test of porting my
application
and running some basic functionality tests.  Before I take the time to
develop
a large regression suite, I was wondering if there are others out there
that have
deployed OC in a similar-sized or larger environment.  Management will
likely
reject this option if we are going to be the first.

Thanks for any feedback,
-eb.