[open-cobol-list] GNU COBOL: fileio module rewrite

From: Joe Robbins
Subject: [open-cobol-list] GNU COBOL: fileio module rewrite
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 13:58:42 +0000

Happy New Year to all the GNU COBOL team!

We have finished the development phase of the  project to rewrite Open COBOL fileio module. Internal testing using LINUX is complete. Soon to start testing under Windows.

The current state of play is documented at: http://www.bawtry.net/image/bawtry/OpenCOBOL-fileio/OpenCOBOL-fileio.html.

The use of an ODBC Database to store ORGANIZATION INDEXED files has passed the ANSI COBOL85 test suite. It is described here: http://www.bawtry.net/image/bawtry/OpenCOBOL-fileio/OpenCOBOL-fileio-app-5/OpenCOBOL-fileio-app-5.html.

That's the end of our rewrite of fileio (for now).

We will now begin to merge the code back into GNU COBOL.

Joe Robbins