Re: [open-cobol-list] [open-Cobol-list] ENTRY statement: obsolete?

From: William M Klein
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] [open-Cobol-list] ENTRY statement: obsolete?
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 10:09:59 -0500

Right after I sent my note, I realized I was wrong. The ENTER statement was
designated as OBSOLETE in the '85 Standard. I don't think the ENTRY
statement was Standard (at least after the '68 Standard). My explanation of
what OBSOLETE means is correct as is my technique for avoiding it a
"structure" and "conforming " program. However, it was ENTER not ENTRY that
was made OBSOLETE in '85.