Re: [open-cobol-list] project prometheus : request for suggestions ...

From: Brian Tiffin
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] project prometheus : request for suggestions ...
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 20:10:45 -0500

Mayuresh Kathe wrote:
hello,

would solving the problem mentioned at;
https://github.com/mayureshkathe/mayureshkathe.github.io/blob/master/ProjectPrometheus.md

be possible using gnucobol?

primary area of concern is;
is it possible to write a distributed client/server system?
i can manage to bring in technology talent outside of the cobol domain,
i.e. creating custom linux distributions, etc.

i have initiated a project for a custom linux distribution at;
https://github.com/mayureshkathe/manix

my collaborators and me are open to changes introduced by good
suggestions.

thanks,

~mayuresh