[open-cobol-list] Obtaining (purchasing) the 2014 ANSI COBOL Standard

From: William M Klein
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Obtaining (purchasing) the 2014 ANSI COBOL Standard
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 18:35:26 -0600

Recently, I indicated that I would tell this list when and how to obtain the 2014 ANSI Cobol Standard. It can now be purchased (for 157 USD) from the following link:

http://webstore.ansi.org/FindStandards.aspx?SearchString=INCITS%2fISO%2fIEC+1989%3a2014+%5b2014%5d&SearchOption=0&PageNum=0&SearchTermsArray=null%7cINCITS%2fISO%2fIEC+1989%3a2014+%5b2014%5d%7cnull

There may be shorter or more direct links, but this should get you to where you can purchase for download the ANSI version of the 2014 Cobol Standard. The ISO version is also available  online, but I believe the ANSI version is less expensive and the technical content is identical.

The ISO version was approved early last Summer and the ANSI version was adopted on Oct 31. I have also seen the BSI version on the web, but I didn't check what its pricing was like.

I hope this is helpful and of interest to at least some of you. Please feel free to pass this on to any other individuals or distribution lists that might find it of interest.

Happy New Year,

Bill Klein