[open-cobol-list] Error when compiling GCic.cbl

From: J. Leslie Turriff
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Error when compiling GCic.cbl
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 02:20:51 -0500

        I'm trying to compile GCic.cbl with GC 2.0 in x86_64 OpenSuSE 13.1
Linux, and
I'm getting this message for the 78s that define screen attributes:

Error: A constant may not be used here

        I can't find anything in the Programmer's Guide concerning restrictions
on
placement of constant definitions.  In any case, I have not moved the
definitions from their original position in the source code.
        What gives?

Leslie
--
It’s good to be open-minded, but not so open-minded that your brain falls out.