gnue-dev

Re: [Gnue-dev] type (not class) in .gcd files

From: Neil Tiffin
Subject: Re: [Gnue-dev] type (not class) in .gcd files
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 20:32:50 -0400

At 2:08 AM +0200 5/10/02, Jens Müller wrote:
Neil Tiffin <address@hidden> writes:

 types are expanded in a way that the type definition disappears and
 the data definitions are inserted directly into the object.  They were
 a shorthand for assuring consistent usage of groups of data
 definitions such that they would be consistent throughout the design
 (by only being defined once.) Therefore if the base design (type) was
 changed it would automatically be changed throughout.

Ouch. When used in an automatic setup, this can be quite difficult to
handle, because we have to find all classes/types which use this
type.

Or when the definition of a type changes the new type is not used
until the main object is loaded or accessed (main object = the one
containing the type).

however, I am not sure I understand what you mean by automatic setup?

Neil
address@hidden