gnue-dev

Re: [Gnue-dev] GEOR: method parameters

From: Jens Müller
Subject: Re: [Gnue-dev] GEOR: method parameters
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 21:45:26 +0200

Reinhard Mueller <address@hidden> writes:

> Am Son, 2002-05-12 um 13.03 schrieb Jens Müller:
>> I am currently thinking about how method definitions should be stored
>> in the GEOR.
>>
>> Should they have named and typed parameters?
>
> I think yes.
>
>> The same applies to hook definitions, of course.
>
> Sure. "Hook definitions" are methods.

The hooks themselves are points where methods are
registered. Multipliers for method calls. Java uses the same in its
event model, btw. Listeners and listener multipliers.

>> What should be allowed parameters? Every field type that an object may
>> consist of?
>
> Again I think yes. Actually I would think even "Object" and "List"
> should be valid parameter types.

Object references and object reference lists are valid fields *g*

That's what I meant with "every field type that an object may consist
of".