gnue-dev

Re: [Gnue-dev] errata in field name in some samples

From: Jan Ischebeck
Subject: Re: [Gnue-dev] errata in field name in some samples
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 21:07:21 +0100

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 10:09:53AM +0100, Ariel Calò wrote:
> Hi Jan,
> I have noticed that:
> In cvs/gnue/samples/tutorials/forms/zipcode/zipcode.gfd line 32 we have:
>       <entry x="33" y="2" field="zip" name="zip" max_length="5"
> width="5"
> Also in cvs/gnue/samples/testcases/trigger/refresh_dropdown.gfdline 27
> we have :
>       <entry field="child" fk_description="city" fk_key="zipcode"
>
> in both cases the name of the field in table zipcode is supposed to be
> "zip"
>
> However in cvs/gnue/samples/tutorials/forms/zipcode/zipcode.gsd we have:
>
> 16:    <table name="zipcode">
> 18:        <field name="zipcode" size="5" type="varchar"/>
> 25:        <pkfield name="zipcode"/>

Yes, there are two versions of a zipcode table. One using zipcode (the
zipcode example) and one using zip (the location example) as a field
name. The reason why I haven't just choosen one, is because I'm not
shure in which direction the tutorial part of the sample directory
should go. F.e. it is possibly better to have only one example
application for a tutorial then to have many. And the example
application should be something, which isn't country specific. (F.e. the
location example don't make sense in germany.)

Jan