gnump3d-users

Re: [Gnump3d-users] Some improvements/changes/features

From: C. Menge
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] Some improvements/changes/features
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 21:15:50 +0100

Steve Kemp wrote:

>> There is a new header containing
>> "content-disposition: attachment; filename=playlist.m3u;"
>>
>> This makes mozilla browsers pop up the "what should I do with that file"
>> dialogue every time. Annoying...
>
>  Select "play" and "always choose this option", this is a change
>  that shouldn't be reverted I don't think.

Hum... I of course have done that already for audio/x-mpegurl - and I
tend to disagree: The "always..." option is disabled by the
abovementioned header, and the choice is forced. [1]

I just had a look at RfC 2183 - it seems the main (or even only?)
purpose of the "content-disposition:"-header is in mail messages.
I don't understand its function in HTTP handshakes (what doesn't mean it
hasn't one... - see above effect)

Is there any advantage I don't realise?

       Cédric

[1]: http://stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~uqc1/temp/content-disposition.jpg