gnunet-developers

Re: Software Bill of Materials (SBOM) anyone?

From: Valentin Gagarin
Subject: Re: Software Bill of Materials (SBOM) anyone?
Date: Wed, 8 May 2024 16:32:51 +0200

>>    curl -L https://nixos.org/nix/install | sh -s -- --daemon
>
> Who does stuff like that? This is totally irresponsible.

Yes, I know. I’m on the Nix maintainer team dealing with documentation, I’m
involved in many things going on in the ecosystem, and we as a community
haven‘t managed to work ourselves out of the historical situation we inherited.
I don’t like it either, but right now, this is the official way to install Nix
on Linux and macOS. I’m sorry for that, reviewable pull requests welcome.