Re: Cairo backend seems broken - mainScreen visibleFrame has no size

From: Sergii Stoian
Subject: Re: Cairo backend seems broken - mainScreen visibleFrame has no size
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2020 00:32:18 +0200

Hi Riccardo!

On Sat, Feb 1, 2020 at 6:28 PM Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Sergii!

Sergii Stoian wrote:
> I've added check for number of XRandR outputs. Please test and report
> if it helps.

Yes it helps! now applications start both locally and remotely

I got only one kind of error now and only once a the first start of Ink.
starting it again, no error, so I do wonder and will keep an eye on it
and also test on other computers.

Good. I've done testing myself and found more flows in current implementation.
I start working on solution and almost done. You can find more fixes in 'randr' branch of libs-back.

wmaker(catchXError(startup.c:118)): warning: internal X error: BadMatch
(invalid parameter attributes)
         Request code: 12 X_ConfigureWindow
         Request minor code: 0
         Resource ID: 0x600003
         Error serial: 59874

no more X-Windows errors.

> Out of curiosity, do you have XRandR enabled and it's not working?
> What is the Xorg log messages about it?

How can I know? xome option to the "xrandr" command?

Do you observe some good "xrandr" output?

> P.S.: You haven't answer me about my XInitThreads idea. Have you succeded?

Sorry, had no time to test yet. "Real Job" is consuming 99% of CPU time
:-P But will test that as soonas I can and report back.

OK, no problem.

Riccardo

--
Sergii Stoian