Re: GNUstep base fails - libobjc2 on NetBSD x86

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: GNUstep base fails - libobjc2 on NetBSD x86
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2021 19:08:33 +0000

Hi Ricardo,

> On 3 Jan 2021, at 22:22, Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:
>
> /home/multix/code/libobjc2/Build/libobjc.so.4.6: text relocations
> /home/multix/code/libobjc2/Build/libobjc.so.4.6: Cannot write-enable text
> segment: Permission denied

This is very odd.  I don’t suppose that, when you modify the CFLAGS you’re
removing the -fPIC?  Aside from that, can you use objdump to print the
relocations?  This is not a very helpful error message and without knowing
where the text relocation is, I can’t suggest how to fix it.  I believe the
only text relocations that we had in the assembly routines were fixed some
years back.

David