Re: Building GNUstep for Windows using Clang

From: Frederik Seiffert
Subject: Re: Building GNUstep for Windows using Clang
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2021 14:18:20 +0100

Hi all,

I’ve made a bit of progress getting libobjc2 working under MinGW, including
adding it to the CI test matrix (currently using stock Clang). Here’s the PR in
case anyone wants to follow along on GitHub:
https://github.com/gnustep/libobjc2/pull/190

I tried building it with a patched Clang to use SEH, but unfortunately this
doesn’t fully resolve the issues as outlined in the PR (I probably didn’t fully
understand what exactly needs to be patched). At this point I’d very much
appreciate your input David.

Once we have a functional Clang patch I can upload the packages (not to the
repo but externally) and we can use them in CI until there is a new LLVM
release.

Thanks!
Frederik